Welcome and thanks for visiting this site. Book clubs provide a wonderful opportunity to grow when members take time to reflect and discuss the books they have read. To assist in that process, you will find some great christian book club questions listed below.
In addition, you will see a compelling book highlighted on this page that your group will likely find meaningful for all the reasons listed below.
1. What evidence did the author provide to support the central idea?
2. Was there any evidence by the author to support the claim in each of the chapters and where they explained in detail?
3. How do you feel about the author’s opinions in the book?
4. Did you find any scriptures to support the author’s thoughts on the book?
5. Did you apply any of the lessons learned in your behaviour today?
6. How often have you experienced any of the problems listed in this book?
7. Did you find the book interesting? If so what areas caught your interest?
8. What new lessons did you learn from reading this book?
9. What would you say was your favourite quote in this book?
10. Have you read any book written by the author?
11. Did you understand the message the author was trying to get across in this book?
12. What is your opinion about this book?
13. Do you disagree with the author’s idea and conclusions?
14. What would you suggest the author should have included in this book
15. How would you apply the lessons learnt in this book to your everyday life?
1. After reading a story, sit and reflect on it for a while.
2. Complete the following sentence after reading the story: Therefore...
3. Put yourself in the shoes of someone in the story. Then ask: What would I do if I were in this situation? Would I do anything different? What do my answers tell me?
4. Ask: What is the purpose of the story? What are the questions that it asks? What questions does it answer?
5. Does the story move you to take any action? If so, what will you do and when will you do it?
6. Notice how the story touches or moves you. How would you describe your reaction? Is it "oh no!"; compassion; grumbling; laughter; confusion; joy; surprise; or perhaps "ah-ha!"
7. When you read the story out loud do you react differently to it?
8. Consider the ways in which you hear this story - with your heart (spiritual meaning), with your body (emotions); and with your mind (understanding).
While reading this book, you may experience these things happening in yourself. Discussion questions and an afterword by the author invite you to reflect on your own journey, discover new meaning, and expand this movement of Peace in your life.
Doing Time With God Contains Some Great Christian Book Club Questions About God's Presence In Prisons That Enable You To Reflect On Your Faith Journey